Here is an article that will answer all your questions and clear all your doubts on how to connect airpods to ps4. The airpods from apple are wonderful accessories that work flawlessly with iPhone, iPad, macbook, and other apple devices. You might have trouble connecting them to ps4 pro or ps4, as ps4 lacks a few features, including the ability to connect bluetooth headphones or headsets. Bluetooth audio is not supported on your PlayStation 4. It works with airpods, airpods pro, and any other bluetooth headphones.
What Is Airpods
Airpods have been the most popular truly wireless earbuds to hit the market months after their release. Because of their small size and easy pairing, they work well with mobile devices. Our reliance on airpods is too great, and it is disappointing that airpods are not an option for ps4 headphones.
It would be nice if they had a headphone jack. That’s exactly what Sony’s latest gaming console does have, however, so Sony has decided to bring the PlayStation 4 into the world of true wireless earphones. The new PlayStation 4 wireless stereo headset is designed to fit snugly in your ears and provide a crisp audio experience.
How To Connect Airpods to PS4 with Bluetooth Adapter
For months after their release, the airpods were the most popular truly wireless earbuds. Due to their small size and quick pairing, they are ideal for mobile devices. It’s a disappointment that airpods aren’t an option when using headphones with the ps4, as we are too reliant on them.
- Charge your airpods completely before using them. Rechargeable bluetooth adapters are preferred. The air fly duo, for example, uses the headphone jack on the ps4 and requires batteries. Other bluetooth adapters connect to the ps4’s usb port and do not require batteries. You can connect a bluetooth adapter to the ps4.
- Make sure the bluetooth adapter is in pairing mode. Your device will determine the specific steps. You should therefore carefully read the instructions.
- You should open the charging case while your airpods are charging. Press and hold the sync button while doing so.
- Once the bluetooth adapter lights stop flashing, press and hold the button. The light flashes when airpods are connected to the adapter.
Pairing Airpods with A Receiver:
Check the settings on the ps4 to ensure your airpods are communicating with the ps4. Simply go to devices > audio devices in the settings menu.
In the audio device screen, two important settings need to be changed, such as headphones and output.
OUTPUT DEVICE: select headphones connected to your controller or (the right menu for your bluetooth adapter).
HEADPHONE OUT: you can also adjust the audio volume sent from the ps4 to your airpods through the volume control menu.
- All the audio from the ps4 will then be sent to your airpods, and you’ll be good to go!
Luckily, third-party products can be used to pair the two. In this complete guide to connecting airpods to the ps4, you will learn how to do it.
You can use a PS4 with your AirPods only if you use a third-party dongle. PS4 doesn’t support Bluetooth audio, so it won’t recognize the headphones. This is where third-party receivers come into play. It is not uncommon to use a dongle with other Bluetooth headphones as well, because even Sony’s silver, gold, and platinum headphones still require a dongle.
Our favorite dongle is the Avantree Leaf Long Range USB Bluetooth Audio Transmitter Adapter, which can be used for multiple purposes. However, it is more important that it can work with AirPods on PS4. The adapter is expensive and is one of the top adapters to use with AirPods on the PS4.
We recommend that you buy the DEWIN Bluetooth dongle adapter if you want something cheaper. There is a dongle available for half the price of the main dongle on Amazon, so it is well worth the investment. While getting started isn’t as easy as it could be, it works well.