Are you exploring to know how to report someone on discord? Discord is a widely acknowledged chat room for users. While it generally started for gamers, it has since spread to various other audiences. It’s used by school clubs, teams, organizations, or anyone working with many people.
And while working with others can be rewarding, you should not be forced to condone inappropriate or rule-breaking behavior. This is why the plans below will show you how to report and “kick” someone on Discord.
Why Should I Report Someone?
When you report someone on Discord, their profile will be reviewed by Discord, and they could potentially be penalized for it or removed. Note that you could also face some issues if you make a false report. Which is why you should think thoroughly and make your decisions wisely. Here is a list of valid reasons you can report someone:
- They are sending viruses or other malware to the chats.
- They hide their identity and have requested several friend requests when it’s clear you are not interested.
- They are spamming the chat.
- They are threatening you or someone else.
- They are continuously harassing you.
There is a full, compiled list of Discord’s website guidelines, including sending con-consensual images, supporting extremism, etc. So do not be limited to these guidelines only.
How To Report Someone On Discord
Before getting into the howto, spamming chats, threatening or harassing another user, and sharing inappropriate content are some activities that warrant disciplinary action. You can report to Discord anyone who violates the rule for necessary action.
Reporting someone needs a link to the inappropriate content and a few ID codes. To get this information, you have to turn on developer mode. To activate developer mode, follow the steps below.
- At the bottom-left screen, click the gear icon to the virtue of your name. This step will get you into “settings.”
- Click the “Appearance” tab in the left sidebar. Below Advanced, toggle on the button next to Developer Mode.
After that, go back to the user in question and do the following.
- Press Right-click their username and then click on “Copy ID” from the drop-down items. Please write down this code or paste it somewhere safe.
- Right-click or select the three dots to the right of the message you wish to report. Then choose “Copy Link” from the options displayed. Writing down this link can be difficult, so paste it somewhere safe.
- If your reporting content is on a server rather than the direct message, you’ll need the server’s ID. To get this ID, right-click on the server name and click “Copy ID” from the displayed choices.
- Head over to this page and fill out all details required, including the Message Link, User ID, and Server ID (when needed).
The Discord’s Trust & Safety team will investigate and act on the report.
Reporting A User On The Mobile Client
On iOS and Android mobile devices, you can also report contents violating the community guidelines. The process is the same with a slight difference, which will be demystified as we progress.
- You also need to enable developer mode first. On your Android or iOS device, open the Discord app, tap the gear or profile icon next to your username.
- Navigate to “Appearance”> “Advance” if you’re on iOS or scroll down and tap “Behavior” if you’re using an Android device.
- Either on iOS or Android, toggle on the Developer Mode key. After making this change, the following is to get the message link and user ID.
- Tap on the user’s profile icon.
- In the upper-right screen, tap the three dots and select “Copy ID.” Paste the code to someplace safe for later use.
- The last thing you need is the message link. To get these details, tap and hold the message, then select “Copy Message Link” if you are using iOS. If you’re on Android, click and hold the message, select “Share,” and then “Copy to Clipboard.”
- Go to the same link, shared earlier, and fill out all the required information. Then send the report to the Trust and Safety team for assessment.
How to Report Someone on Discord Using ioS
Strangely, it’s easier to report a discord on ioS than reporting on a desktop. You have to right-click the offending message then succeed on the report button. The good thing about writing on ioS is that you won’t have to explain.
Also, no ID codes are needed. This saves you the stress of retrieving codes. But that does suggest that ioS Discord reports are not handled with the seriousness they deserve like the Desktop reports. Both are treated similarly.
In most cases, you may not get any response. If you feel that you must describe the incident, send them an email through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, you now know how to report someone on Discord. You can report on the Desktop App or ioS. Both are convenient and accurate. The Discord crew will work swiftly to clean up the report and get things back on track.
If you request correctly, the report will be deleted within minutes. Well, that is how to report someone on Discord. Share your valuable thoughts and suggestions in the comment section below.