Brought to the Apex Games by an unwavering desire for revenge, Loba is one of Apex Legends’ many playable characters. Loba is a Support Legend and this page has all the details you need to know about the notorious translocating thief.
Loba Character Description and Lore
When Loba was nine, she watched as the phantom hitman Revenant killed her family. Left with nothing, Loba survived by raiding pockets. As her abilities developed, Loba used every tool at her disposal to lift herself from the gutter. Everything changed when she broke into a seemingly impenetrable facility and got her hands on the JumpDrive tech stored inside. With her new teleportation bracelet, the most secure and unattainable things were within her reach. So was her dream of living a high life.
Rumors scattered across the Outlands: if you wanted something valuable–and well protected-Loba was your best bet. She was almost capable of putting her past behind her. But when Revenant united the Games, her past catapulted into her future. Desperate to find a way to kill him, she sabotaged a facility complete with Revenant bodies, bringing Skull Town and Thunderdome crashing down in the process. However, she knew it was just one of many such factories hidden across the Frontier. She’s now finding a way to eliminate him for good by joining the Games. It doesn’t harm that the Arenas are brimming with treasures just staying to be plucked.
If fortune favors her. In the meantime, some shiny items have caught her eye.
Loba Passive Ability – Eye for Quality
Nearby epic and legendary loot can be glimpsed through walls. The coverage is the same as Black Market Boutique.
- Passive Range: 112.5 meters
Tips for Loba Passive: An Eye for Quality
- Eye for Quality is particularly strong in the early game when you and your teammates try to stack up on loot. When dropping at a location, strategically choose where you should land depending on where you see essential loot such as purple or gold armor.
- As you continue to play Loba you’ll become better at determining what items you’re seeing through walls. Nothing is more annoying than hoping to find a purple Evo Shield only to come upon a Phoenix Kit instead but this will only be a temporary woe.
- Just because you’re wealthy doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take advantage of Loba’s Tactical. Communicate with your teammates to help them get the highest loot possible.
- Vigilant Loba can use her ability as recon by seeing if and when high-tier loot is picked up or dropped by a nearby enemy squad. Loba’s passive ability has a longer range (112.5 meters) than both Bloodhound’s Tactical scan (75 meters) and Seer’s Heart Seeker Passive (75 meters) making it a helpful tool for identifying enemies, especially around areas with top tier loot such as Vaults or near a Supply Drop.
- Eye for Quality allows Loba to ping high-tier loot through walls from up to 12 meters and this range can be slightly extended by using long-range optics.
- Loba’s passive cannot see loot through walls in Deathboxes or Loot Ticks.
Loba Tactical Ability – Burglar’s Best Friend
Teleport to hard-to-reach places or flee problems quickly by throwing your JumpDrive bracelet.
- Tactical Cooldown: 30 seconds
- Tactical Horizontal Distance: 71 meters
- Tactical Vertical Distance: 20 meters
Loba Ultimate Ability – Black Market Boutique
Place a portable device that lets you teleport nearby loot to your list. Each familiar or enemy Legend can take up to two items.
- Ultimate Charge Time: 2 minutes
- Ultimate Range: 112.5 meters
What Can Loba Loot Using Her Ultimate?
Loba’s Ultimate is fit for a master thief and helps her and her teammates to teleport loot from just about anywhere, this includes:
- Floor loot
- Opened and closed Supply Bins
- Opened and closed Supply Drops
- Locked places such as Vaults, Bloodhound’s Trials, Vend-it Machines from Rampart’s Big Maude on World’s Edge, Caustic Treatment Compartments on King’s Canyon, and the Icarus Bridge on Olympus (only 1 item).
While Loba can loot a SINGLE item from any of the locked areas mentioned above, the Black Market will get ruined afterward. This is regardless of whether or not your teammates had the opportunity to select their own items. Looting the locked thing will trigger a loud alarm that can be heard by enemies. This will cause Loba a fairly small amount of damage when the Black Market is destroyed.
Loba CAN NOT loot randomized loot as listed below:
- Loot Ticks
- Cargo Bots
- Loot MRVNs